Wednesday 14 August 2013

BurgerTime NES 1987

Last year I reviewed this game, which is unknown to the common gamer and I have decided to re review it because I feel that that it deserved a proper review. This game holds a special place in my heart because its my very first video game memory. BurgerTime was my favourite game at my local arcade and at home we played it as a Family on Coleco, Intellivison & NES. BurgerTime was released on arcade in 1982 by Data East and because of its popularity, was ported to many home computers & consoles, which included the Apple II, Atari 2600, Coleco, Commodore 64, DOS, Intellivison & NES to name a few. The only people that I talk to that know this game are the most hardcore/old school retro gamers. Like a lot of old video games, BurgerTime is hard as hell ! Which I think drives a lot of people away from this classic title :( If u are the type of retro gamer that likes a good challenge, this game is for you. I know some people who have been playing this since the early 80's and can't make it past the second or third level. The game has 6 levels and when you complete the final level, the game loops back to the first level and raises the degree of difficulty. Now watch ol Peter Pepper run for his life :) With enemies with names like MR.Egg, Hot Dog & Pickle how can u go wrong ? Anyone who wants to own a part of gaming history, go pick this up ! It is a really cheap game on NES and worth every penny. Peter Pepper makes an appearance in the movie Wreak-It Ralph, as he's is having a drink at Tappers. The BurgerTime characters can be seen in a few other parts of the movie, keep an eye out. I really hope that this review makes you want to go pick up a copy or if you already own it, give it another shot. Just remember, hard is good :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment