Sunday 8 April 2012

Big Day At The Flea Markets

Before we started the day, we thought we had three Flea Markets in our city.
When we woke up this morning, we quickly found out, we only had two :(
So, we headed to the largest one first.
I was a bit scared that I wasn't gonna
Find anything, because I have never
Done any game shopping at a Flea Market before. I'm not gonna lie, I didn't
think I was gonna find any thing :( As soon as we stepped in the place, the first thing I see is a Video Game booth.
I head on over, for further inspection and find out they are asking more fore games, than the Retro Game Shops.
It took a lot for me to walk away from this boot but I knew I could always come back. We started walking around the market and within two minutes, we found two more booths but way larger :) Prices at the first booth were similar
to the earlier booth we checked out, maybe a bit better. Tons of stuff and rare games but way too expensive.
We Proceed to move on to the next booth and the first thing I notice, is how cheap his prices are :) The game I always look for to base prices on is Duck Tales 2 & Chip n Dale 2. He had both for $65 each. The cheapest I have seen them in stores is for $80 each. As I start to realize how cheap his prices
are, I wonder if my heckling skills are up for the challenge ? The man who ran the booth, came on over and I could tell he was a super nice dude.
We got talking and I told him that I'm after the 670. The man proceeds to tell me he's got the 670 three times ? Two
For his personal collection and one that
He sells and restocks. He also said he's got a stupid amount of SNES games. Stock for years I guess ? I start
Ripping through games seeing some really good stuff, when Tyler comes charging over, pretty much red in the face :) And says that he found Tengen
Tetris. My mind started racing, thinking about how cheap I might be able to score this for. I thought with his really good prices, that he would want around $30. Pull out the game from the stack and see a $20 tag on it :) A game that I had been seeing everywhere, for a crazy price was Dragon Warrior. All the
Booths were asking $20. I got it and Rad Racer and Utopia SNES for $20.
Then I got Mega Man 5, which he had market for $40 for $25. Both Tengen Tetris and Mega Man 5 were $40 ? WTF :) I also picked up Life Force, Pinball and Alpha Mission for $20. I also grabbed two NES MAX controllers,
which I had never seen before ? He also gave me 15 NES & 15 SNES dust
protectors. I see them things go for at least $1 each on E Bay. I guess for $75
I did pretty good :)

3 comments:

  1. WoW Sweet Finds :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always cool to see another retro gamer's good luck hauls. A flea market near my home used to have loads of games but the guy selling either moved or sold his collection. Nice retro site here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will never buy games anywhere but Flea Markets & Pawn Shops !

    ReplyDelete